superfood fudge balls
a delicious treat that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also nourish your body + soul (win-win!).
we invite you to get creative with coating your superfood fudge balls!
Superfood Fudge Balls (matcha + tocos, sunshine + coconut, glow)
recipe by: The Gut Lab
prep time: 10 minutes | freezer time: 30 minutes - 1 hour | rolling time: 15 minutes
ingredients: (we encourage you to use organic ingredients when possible!)
1 cup cocoa butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup or raw honey (if using honey, add once removed from heat)
1/4 cup coconut oil (room temp)
2 tsps pure vanilla extract
pinch of himalayan salt
1 cup raw cacao powder or The Gut Lab's cosmic hot cacao*
2 Tbsp lucuma powder by The Gut Lab
1 Tbsp maca powder by The Gut Lab
2 tsps ashwagandha powder by The Gut Lab
Tip: play around with ingredients to get your desired consistency + texture!
1. on low heat, combine + melt all ingredients in a double boiler on the stove top (minus the superfood powders + honey)
tip: use a stainless steel bowl over a sauce pan (with 1-2 inches of water) if you don't have a double boiler
2. stir, stir, stir!
3. once melted, remove from heat, add honey (if using) + superfood powders + combine well
4. transfer to a freezer safe container + pop in the freezer until firm
5. separate into 3 batches roll (with your homies!) into 1 inch balls in your hands. coat in sunshine potion (mix in some shredded unsweetened coconut for extra yumminess!), matcha + tocos + glow potion!
6. store in the fridge + devour with loved ones!