pumpkin spiced elixir with coconut whip
move over Starbucks, there is a new ( + healthy! ) pumpkin spiced drink in town.
not only does our PSE ( pumpkin spiced elixir) pack a nutritious superfood punch, it's also vegan, refined sugar/gluten/ + artificial flavour free to boot.
+ guess what? it's more dreamy + delicious than ever.
don't believe us? try it out for yourself!
Pumpkin Spiced (Superfood) Elixir topped with Coconut Whipped Cream
by: The Gut Lab
Prep time: 10 minutes | Yield: 1 serving
ingredients: (we recommend using organic ingredients when possible!)
1/2 cup organic almond mylk
1/2 (ish) cup coconut mylk (drained from can of coconut cream)
1 Tbsp organic pumpkin puree
2 tsps raw honey, or to taste (we used Drizzle honey)
crack of fresh black pepper
for coconut whip:
coconut cream (solid part) from 1 can of full fat coconut cream
1 Tbsp pure organic vanilla extract
1 Tbsp raw honey (we used Drizzle honey)
for superfood pumpkin spice:
1 Tbsp tocos by The Gut Lab
1 Tbsp lucuma lab essential by The Gut Lab
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mesquite lab essential by The Gut Lab
1 + 1/2 tsp ginger (or more if you like it spic-ay!)
2 tsps nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove
1. place can of full fat coconut cream can in the fridge to chill overnight.
when ready to make your elixir, drain liquid portion into your saucepan.
2. in a medium sized bowl use a hand mixer to blend coconut cream (remaining solid portion) with 1Tbsp vanilla extract and 1 Tbsp raw honey until little peaks form. store in the fridge + try not to sneak a spoonful!
3. mix all superfood pumpkin spice ingredients together + store extra spice in a glass jar for future PSE's!
4. add all remaining elixir ingredients together in your sauce pan. whisk until hot + frothy (just the way we like it!).
5. pour into your favourite mug, dollop with your creamy coconut whip + generously sprinkle with more superfood pumpkin spice!
tip: add a shot (or 2) of espresso to make a superfood pumpkin spiced latte!